Friday, April 28, 2017

From Versaille to Paris


When you are in Versailles, you must go to the Palace of Versailles. I have been there once before, but it was fun to connect with my old friend, Louis XIV again.

I have a few things to say to him . . .

I love your choice of wallpaper. (You must have been a groovy dude).


I stand in awe at your fireplaces. It must have taken an entire forest to heat your home.


Your grandiose designs inspired us so much that we named our luggage after you as we dragged it through the palace. 


Most importantly, I want to thank you for your perfectly symmetrical garden. We stood all amazed. 







The baguette that I took from our complimentary breakfast, coming in clutch for lunch.




Trying to faint in our arms . . . these are my friends, Marie and Sariah.


We felt pretty fancy as we hopped on the train and headed into Paris. It all came back to me,  the smell of the metro mixed with cigarette smoke. It was oddly comforting.

We decided to start with the Eiffel Tower, which I had grown so attached to three years ago. When I saw it, I felt like I was looking at an old friend. 




(We were really happy to see each other!)

I practiced all of my Eiffel Tower traditions--bought a baguette and boursin cheese from the carrefour around the corner and sat with my friends on the grass of the Champ du Mars. Most importantly, the we told stories about boys. Nothing better on a Friday night, right?


I just couldn't look away. I wanted to suck in all the air . . . take it all in. We watched the sun go behind the Eiffel Tower, saw the lights turn on, and then boom . . . it SPARKLED.

That's magic. 


Until my Paris adventures continue . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment