Friday, May 1, 2015

Q&A Power



Golly, I think I am at the point of my mission where so much goes on that by Monday I'm not even sure what happened, so bear with me.

Johnny and Kelley and their 13 year old son Brennan, will all be baptized this next Saturday, so keep them in your prayers! They are so pumped and progressing so well. I seriously LOVE them so much, probably too much. They are a miracle that I have just watched and done nothing else for. Sheesh, and Scarlet, who is 8, and her grandparents will be baptized with them Saturday too. So please keep all of these people in your prayers, I know they will need it as they prepare to follow Christ. 

This week I did so much service-- painting decks and washing dishes, and packing houses and such. One of our investigators that we did service for kept looking at me like I was insane. She said, "You really actually came to my house to help me clean? ARE YOU SERIOUS?" And then she kept saying, "Why are you two so happy when you clean, no one likes to clean?" It was so hilarious and awesome, it made my whole day. Time flies when you are serving, its wild. It's like nothing else. I could do service all day and be full of joy. Seriously, we painted a deck for like 4 hours straight, and we were late to dinner because we lost track of time. Gosh, I never thought those words would come out of my mouth ha ha.

The Best District!

It's probably annoying to read about my happy times, but I am just so full of gratitude. I feel full in my heart. 

It was Sister Godfrey's (in the office) birthday this week and her son flew in to see her. They actually came out teaching with us, her and her son, and he asked my companion and I some interesting questions that made me think:

What has been the hardest thing for you on your mission?

I have been pondering these thoughts a little bit. I would say the hardest thing about my mission is overcoming the belief that I was supposed to be perfect. And not only that, but that I was supposed to be perfect alone. By myself. We feel the expectations of other people, and I think unhappiness comes from trying to be what others think you should be, and not what God wants you to be. It was a definite hit-myself-in-the-face moment when I actually realized what in the world the atonement is, and that we can't be perfect in this life. There have been hard companions, hard areas, and hard events happen, but I think my internal battle has been the hardest struggle. 

What is your favorite part about Tennessee?

Favorite parts of Tennessee--LIGHTENING BUGS,  SOUTHERN ACCENTS, THE GREEN TREES, THE HUMIDITY, the people I have met, and the people I have seen change. This place has made me feel at home, boy, I just love it. 

And the last one struck me, How did you become so confident?

I was floored by this question, like, you think I am confident? I don't think that. At least I never thought about it like that before. This question kinda stumped me. At the beginning of my mission, the voice of the adversary was so loud in my head. Just saying negative things, and I believed them. And then, as I started to understand the gospel, and God's love, and that He loves me, even in all my funky weaknesses, then his voice started to get louder, and Satans got softer and softer. And I think that's why I am so happy! Life is a journey, but I didn't realize that sometimes I made it a lot harder than it had to be. 

I am grateful for the scriptures. I am grateful for my companion, we are best friends. Golly, she makes me laugh! I am grateful for my time in Franklin. I don't know how much longer I will be here, because transfer calls this week, but there is so much goodness planned this week, so I am ready to rock and roll. I could probably go on, but hey, no one needs too much Sister Frampton rambling anywho!

Have a blessed week.

Love, Sister Frampton

Sister Weeks and Hermana Warner


TIm Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment