Monday, March 30, 2015

The Lord's Lemonade

I

I've been pondering lots this week and, I don't know, my heart is full. Franklin can be tough for sure. Knocking doors on million dollar homes, and trying to fit into people's busy life can be a heavy task. It sure is helping me learn to trust in the Lord. I swear He has a sense of humor. We have made a steady effort to tract and to weed through past investigators and such, and from what we could see, we were making our teaching pool smaller and not bigger. And then all of the sudden, AFTER THE TRIAL OF OUR FAITH, (and consoling myself with a chocolate milkshake every now and then) he placed prepared people in our path.

 "O the greatness of God!!!" It's so funny, over and over, the Lord teaches me. It's like he says something like, "Hey Sister Frampton, it's not about you. Just trust me and it will all work out!" Yep, I'm pretty sure that sums up my whole mission in a sentence.
So, Katie is a 17-year-old girl, who just miraculously showed up for church (came with her boyfriend ha), and wanted to really learn what this church was about. We taught her the restoration, and this week when we went over, she had a dream about the first vision, and woke up with the most wonderful feeling and says she knows that the restoration is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. Her mom took her church clothes shopping this week, and she is preparing for baptism. Yep . . . do you see what I am saying? Over the last few weeks, we have been teaching this family we found tracting, and my love has grown for them so much. The mom and dad are some of the most sincere and kind people I have ever met. They want a better family situation and the mom went through and marked up the Book of Mormon for her kids, bought them church clothes to feel comfortable, and has helped them to practice praying. As we taught their family, with 5 kids, the Spirit was so joyous! The 13-year-old 
pinky promised me he would pray last time I saw him. So it was his time to pray this week. He was so nervous, and he has been practicing to remember, Dear Heavenly Father and In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. And he PRAYED. And it was so good! 

Sometimes I take knowing how to pray for granted. 
We can talk to our Heavenly Dad, whenever and however. It doesn't have to be perfect, or what you think he wants to hear. You tell him what you need to say and gain a relationship with Him. That's what will help us get through this life. Ah, they were asking us so many cute questions about church and the Book of Mormon. And Sunday, they showed up all together in their cute church outfits. The dad, Johnny, he just makes my day. He has tattoos all down his arm, earrings in his ear, and the biggest smile on his face. Every time I see him, I want to yell, "Rock on Johnny!!" He is such a teddy bear on the inside. And it was about the best feeling in the world to see this family, all sitting together in a church pew. Ahhhh, I can't say I have ever seen that--a whole family of investigators taking up a church pew. Boo to the yah!!  There is also this new part-member family that moved in. They are just older then me, and just got married 6 months ago. My companion and I went on spilts and so I got to teach them with this young member couple, the Fischers. The wife has never heard much about God and prayer, and even the husband expressed his sincere desire to be better at personal prayer. There is such a difference in the Spirit when a person has sincere desire. We watched the new Easter, Because He Lives video (check it out!!) and talked about the Savior. Ah, the Spirit of love was so peaceful, and it was neat to see the Fischers bear testimony of the power of prayer. It was just a cool experience because they all really hit it off, and we're having a great time, and I was just sitting back thinking, "Thank you. Thank you." And the husband, explained how he always said family prayer growing up, but he never really was good at personal prayers. He said that that's when he felt the Spirit was when his family prayed together. And at the end of the lesson, I always offer the man of the house to pick who says the prayer, and HE VOLUNTEERED.  

 I don't know, there are definitely different daily struggles, and I could go on about the times that doors get slammed in our faces, or our investigators drop us because their pastors tell them too, but hey, I am learning that when life gives you lemons, you have to give them to the Lord, so he can make lemonade out of them. 
I'm trying to give my lemons to the Lord so that maybe we can drink lemonade together.
God Bless! Sister Frampton

No comments:

Post a Comment