Monday, January 5, 2015

Best Advice Ever

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 

It is freaking me out that it is 2015. What the heck? Oh my goodness, it's been such a weird week. Where did 2014 go?

Tuesday: TRANSFER DAY! I got a new companion and she is such a gem. She looks like a Disney Princess, but is really a hard core basketball player, and one of the hardest workers I know. I am so blessed, and she has already taught me so much! Tender Mercy of the Lord! 

Sister Lamborn
Wednesday: Got to eat some Cracker Barrel, and because it was New Year's Eve, we had to be in by 6 p.m. It was the weirdest thing because we had nothing to do! That never happens as a missionary. So, we planned for two extra hours, and then went to bed early. Do I sound like an adult or what? We just kept sitting there like, what the heck? All we know how to do is missionary work.

Thursday: It got even weirder because we weren't allowed to work all day so we woke up at 8 a.m. Yes 8 a.m. I was so well rested, it wasn't even funny. After studies, we went down to another church building and met up with all the Sister Missionaries in our stake, set up blankets, popped some popcorn, got comfortable and watched FROZEN!!! Yep, you heard me, we got to watch FROZEN!!! It was the best movie of my life. I am not sure if it's because its the only movie I have seen in a year, or because it's really that good, but we all loved it. It was so funny because I have had the sniffles, and a cough all week, so I was sitting there with a roll of toilet paper, wiping my watery eyes, and runny nose, and I looked like I was getting pretty emotional in the back. It was just such a good time. All of us were laughing and singing, and just having fun. I love the Sisters SOOO much!!! Golly, and by the end, we kept rewinding "Let it Go" and watched it over and over again. I felt like I was a 5-year-old girl, but heck, I didn't care. We all got up and danced and laughed. Ah man, BEST NEW YEARS of my life. 

I tried to reflect on this past year as well, and for some reason, I haven't been able to fully compile all my thoughts. So much has happened so fast, that I haven't had a lot of time to fully soak a years worth of life lessons in. But I do know I have served in six areas, with nine companions, and met too many people to count. I have one amazing mission daughter and loads and loads of people that will be my friends for life. I have cried some hard core tears, but laughed and smiled SO MUCH MORE!! My testimony has grown so much, and I will cherish the year of 2014 with my whole heart. I can't believe that I spent the whole year of 2014 as a missionary. How did that happen? Oh boy oh boy. 

Friday and Saturday were kind of a blur of craziness and loads of fun. I am feeling so much better about the area, and we are really working to plan and prepare and get the area organized again, so I am feeling very positive and excited for this time ahead of us! 

Sunday morning I woke up and I felt fine, but like something was missing. Like I was kind of grumpy and I didn't know why. And then a couple of hours later I got a call from the mission president's wife, telling me that my Great-Grandma, (GG) the one and only, fabulous Gigi, had passed on into the next life. Ah, I understood then. It was the same way I felt the day my Grandpa passed away. It's almost like my Spirit was grieving or something. I don't know. I felt sad, shed some tears, but inside I was so happy to know where she was, and to know that she is back with my Papa, where she has wanted to be for a long time.  I am just completely grateful that I got to spend so much time with her, and learn from her. I will forever try to master her spunky, stubborn, yet kind personality. And I am so grateful that all of my family got to be there with her and say their goodbye's and be a part of the process. 

Goodbye my dear Gigi. You will always be in my heart! 

All of this has really opened my eyes to the fact that you just need to tell people you love them, and spend time with them. NOW!! Not next week. Or when you feel like it. NOW! Don't waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them, give them a hug, or compliment them, because you never know the timetable of your life, or someone else's. You never know the Lord's plan. But we do know the Lord's plan of happiness, which can give us peace in the darkest of moments. I read Mosiah 16:7-9 this morning, which brought me so much peace. My favorite line is, "He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death. " 

Christ is a light that can never be darkened, and so when darkness seems to take us over, we need to turn to Christ. He will always be lit, and always be bright enougth to guide us back home. Oh, how grateful I am for the peace in my heart, knowing that my Gigi, my sweet Gigi, is finally back home. 

Hope ya'll had a Happy New Year. Let's make it a year to show those around us how much we really care:)  

Love, 

Sister Frampton

No comments:

Post a Comment