Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Refining Fire

What a week, my gosh.

So many emotions are rushing through my mind right now, and so many frustrations, and so many tender mercies. Ah, at the beginning of this week I found out that my grandpa fell and broke his hip, which meant that he wouldn't live on his earth much longer. And it brought my faith and what I know to be true close to my heart. I felt the Spirit so close comforting me and letting me know that it would all be okay. But I still felt the sadness of losing one of my favorite people.

Ah, I was so grateful because the mission president and I had a meeting the next day, and he was able to give me a blessing afterwards. And oh, how much better I felt. It was like a spiritual relaxant, where my whole body loosened up and I knew he would be okay. We are so blessed the have the authority from God to help and comfort us when we need it.

I was studying in the Book of Mormon today and these passages made me think of grandpa. It says, " 39 And it came to pass that there were many who died, firmly believing that their souls were redeemed by the Lord Jesus Christ; thus they went out of the world rejoicing. 41 But there were many who died with old age; and those who died in the faith of Christ are happy in him, as we must needs suppose." Alma 46:39-41

I'm grateful for the plan of salvation. And I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary.

Love, 

Sister Frampton 

Happy photos, to temper a not-so-happy letter:

Sister Ali Torres



Sister Ali Torres, Sister Elizabeth Brown, and Sister Tara Carpenter



No comments:

Post a Comment