Monday, December 8, 2014

Grandpa's Girl

Hey family, 

I am just going to make this sweet and simple this week. We have been doing service most of the day. So much to do and to think about. 

Gosh, so much has been going on this week with the family. I can't even believe it. I'm really worried about Grandpa, I just love him a whole lot. He has got to be just one of the best guys I know. I am so grateful that I have gotten to see him and spend so much time with him. I have been thinking about all the many memories we got to have together. So, I guess I feel like I am just going to write this letter to Grandpa. 


Grandpa, I hope you know what an impact you made on my life. I can remember you teaching me how to play tennis and holding my hand. I can remember walking around Hawaii with you. Going swimming. Watching game shows with you in our living room. I always loved when you came to stay in Hawaii for a month at a time. That was the best and you stayed in my room!!! Hawaii memories. Those were the best times. 

And then we moved to Utah and we got to see you even more. Remember all the times we would go to St. George or Wildwood. You were always there. And you taught me so much about being sincere, real and to love your family. And you were so funny. I always laughed at your jokes and always knew that I had the coolest grandpa around. You are the only grandpa I've ever had and the best one. Thanks for spending so much time with me. All of my family memories you were there. Island Park. Thanksgiving. And Christmas. Remember when you taught me to swing my arms around at the same time, in different directions. That's still one of the coolest talents I have. 

You came to every tennis match you could. And we always sat together at basketball games and cheered on the boys. Thanks for always showing me a great example of how to love and spend time with my family. 

Grandpa, I will never forget you taking my hand and telling me that you loved me and were so proud of me. Ah, that meant the world. I loved walking with you and driving with you. Such a GREAT man. An honest man. An honorable priesthood holder. 

I remember you sitting on the couch with me the night that I got set apart for my mission. You told my very favorite story. Remember when you felt the Holy Ghost tell you to go to the pool, and you went. Didn't see anything. You felt it strong and so you went back. And found a boy drowning in the pool. Thanks for listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. The Lord trusted you that day to do His work. What a mighty example! Ah, I'll never forget you telling me that story. 

I hope that you know, that I love you so much. You were at my baptism. Gosh, I'm so lucky that you have been such a part of my life. More and more memories just keep coming back. Remember when you guys could drive me back to college on the weekends, after being with my mom and dad. You both gave me such great advice, and told me that I need to marry someone that I work well with. It is all about team work. 

Grandpa, thank you for the testimony you fought so hard for. Thank you for the testimony you have of the Savior, Jesus Christ. It has changed my whole life. If you wouldnt have stayed strong, maybe my family would have never lived the gospel, and maybe I never would have gotten to be on my mission. Your example has truly changed my life. Ah, I wish I could be there with you right now, but my prayers are with you. And I know the Lord has a plan in all things. He is taking care of you.

Can I share my favorite scripture with you?  My favorite scripture is Helaman 5:47. It says, "Peace, peace be unto you, because of your faith in my Well Beloved, who was from the foundation of the world."  

When I was 12 or 13 years old, I really was stressed and had lots of anxiety. So, I was praying and really needed help and I opened the scriptures to a random page, and this is the scripture I read. The Spirit hit me so hard, and I knew that Heavenly Father answered my prayer. I'll never forget that. And I want you to have peace right now. The Lord loves you and He is there for you always. 

Have peace with the wonderful life you have lived, and the way you have touched others. 

I love you Grandpa. You mean the world to me. You have made a HUGE impact in my life!!

I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!!

Love, 

Sister Frampton

No comments:

Post a Comment