Monday, December 1, 2014

Badger Country Girl

Alright, alright!! How are ya'll? 

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!! Are you ready for my Franklin adventures this week? 

You think after a year in the mission field I would have learned everything, right? Anyone with me? But the only thing I've learned is how to make humble pie. ha ha The Lord is really pushing me to GROW, I can feel it. And part of me is saying, "YES, Let's do this!!" But the other half is screaming, "AH, no, this hurts. I'm good where I'm at!" Do you guys ever feel that way? I swear the emotions missionaries go through in a week, are the same as normal people go through in a year. Remember my mission bipolar days? They're back!

The week started off great, we are doing a lot of contacting people and seeing if they are interested in the gospel. And I don't know what comes over me, but I get so determined to kill people with kindness and joy. Well this week when a lady turned us down, I just smiled real big, and said, much louder than I had planned to, "HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!" My companion laughed and laughed, and said, "Well, I don't think she will ever forget us!" Ha ha

 Good times. 

Then on Tuesday I went on an exchange back to Thompson Station with a new missionary. It was the biggest DEJA VU day, I'm telling ya. I was driving the car, and I remembered how to get everywhere, and we went and contacted people that I used to teach when I was there. It was so wild. I set up an appointment with this kid named Max, who I taught right before I left. He hadn't been taught since I left, but he goes to seminary every morning. Ah, we had the best lesson with him, and really helped him see the importance of prayer, and taking the steps to find out if this really is the Church of Jesus Christ on the earth today. It was so neat to feel the Spirit and see him really understand it all. Gosh, tender mercy, that's for sure. 

I got to eat dinner with one of my favorite families that used to have me over on Monday nights. This new missionary taught me so much more. And for the last fifteen minutes of the night we got to stop by a members house, who was having Pie Night, and see all of my Thompson Station Family. 

Thanksgiving was a pretty good day. We sang some thanksgiving songs, and such. The only weird part was the family I ate with I had never met before. But on the bright side, two of Thomas Monson's grandsons ate with us, so that was cool. It was fun to share the Spirit of Thanksgiving with others though. You can't beat that. 

Another cool thing is that when members and missionaries come together MIRACLES HAPPEN. It is just a fact. We set goals every week to have members come out and teach with us, and I think the highest I have ever gotten was like 10. Somehow the members came together this week and helped us out a lot. We got 20!!!! It was a MIRACLE!!! It was the Lord answering our prayers. Wow, I LOVE THAT!! Our stake beat the previous record for the whole year. Tender Mercy. Can I just tell you that when you do your best, the Lord makes up the rest. I don't know how it happens....but it does!

And for the best part of my week: I got permission to go through the temple with one of the Laurels from my first area on my mission. She was going through for the first time to prepare to go on her mission. I have been writing her letters back and forth all year, and it was the neatest thing to see her in real life again IN THE TEMPLE! 


Holly Denton

She looked so beautiful. Ahh, it was such a spiritual experience. And to see my first bishop, and all the old members. As I was sitting in the temple pondering my life, all the sudden I realized that a year ago from Saturday I went through the temple for the first time. WHAT?? God has such a detailed plan. I knew he was so aware of me and my weaknesses, and golly, I can't believe how much has changed in the last year. 

Last night we taught this Indian guy that has been taking the discussions for over a year. When we got there, he gave us a spirit animal that describes our inner self. I died. My name is "Wina Madanask" or young female BADGER! 


Badger? Who knew! not I. He told me it is because I am steadfast in my ways, very to the point, and hard headed. Mom, I thought you would like that! I guess it was because I was pretty straight up in asking him what he believed. Oh, gosh, what can you do? I was laughing. 

He also said that he can see me with no shoes, planting a garden and riding a tractor. HAHAHAHA. It made my whole day. Badger Country Girl is my life. 

Gosh, what a week. So much happened. It flew by and seems like months all at one time. I love the gospel. I am so grateful for prayer and its sustaining power in my life. I am so grateful for my family. I am so grateful for the fun people to teach and the Spirit that I get to feel so often. Gosh, I love you all so much. Thanks for reading about my crazy adventures of life. 

Love, 

Sister Frampton



My favorite, TIM


No comments:

Post a Comment