Monday, October 20, 2014

Guess who came to my birthday party! David Archuleta!!!

Oh my goodness, what a wild week. Yep, so many good things to tell ya'll. I am 20 . . . AHHH . . . who ever thought I would be this old?

First off, funny story: Our investigator GOT BAPTIZED this Saturday. She is so humble and awesome. We had a lesson with her Monday night of last week, and talked all about the commandments. At the end of the lesson, I went up to hug her. Keep in mind, I no longer do my hair or wear make-up--I LOVE the COUNTRY! But anyways, she says, " I just have to tell you, you look just like the PICTURE OF JESUS." What did she say? I was thinking that she probably thought I have Christlike attributes or something, but she went on to say, "The way your hair looks, and your eyes, it looks just like Jesus." I can't get over it still. Too funny. Mission moment to remember forever. 

The rest of the week was spent teaching and trying to find people around. Golly, our area is so big, we are in the car a lot. It takes about an hour to get most places in our area. I am still getting used to it, but I feel like I am ready to learn new things here, and I am so grateful for that. We also had to prepare for our investigator's baptism, so, that was an adventure. The ward hasn't had a baptism here in a LONG TIME--a couple of years at least, and so no one could remember how to do a baptism. It was an interesting experience, but we figured it all out, and it was awesome. 


Thursday night the ward has a movie night where they show church films, and our investigator came. Guess what we got to watch? God's Not Dead. It was awesome. I don't know if ya'll have seen it, but go and watch it. That is the most Southern movie, and explains my mission life! I was so pumped by the end. It made me really realize that is important to never deny your faith. Even in little ways. To constantly have integrity and be open about what you believe. That is the only way you can truly help people, by being open and real. This is what my new companion lives by. She hates when people aren't real. Satan wants us to hide our problems, God wants us to work through them. She is teaching me so much, and I love it. 

This whole week did not feel like my birthday. Seriously, it was so weird. For the first time in my life, I had no burning desire to celebrate myself. I know right?  I did get the package and the letters. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! It meant so much to me, and really felt so good to hear from ya'll. 

Friday night we met a family that let us right in and teach the restoration. It was such a MIRACLE! And they got it! They totally got it, and the Spirit was so strong. And while teaching, they didn't even think Joseph Smith was weird. They felt so prepared. We are going back this weekend. Pray that they will still be open to the gospel. I feel good about them. Oh, thank you, Father. 

Then Saturday it was our investigator's big day! Golly, we were so excited. We had the programs all made. We cleaned the church and the font so it would all be ready. We got to the church around 2 o'clock to start filling up the font, and OH MY!! The pipes had not been used in so long, or something, because the water was GREEN and dirty and murky. Oh my gosh, we were freaking out. We tried filling it up twice, and we just got to a point where we had to just run with it.


Jamestown baptism experience, that's for sure.  I had to go down in the font and unplug the water stop n my skirt and everything. Too funny.


When our investigator arrived she was so ready. So HAPPY. She didn't care. She has been waiting for this day for a while. Her conversion is the most spiritual conversion I have ever witnessed. And its because even though she doesn't have all the worldly knowledge, she gets the Spirit. And when she prays, she knows who she is talking to. And when she reads the scriptures, she knows whose words they are. It's quite humbling and amazing. I don't know why most of us don't rely more on the Spirit for our faith. Well, at least me. Truly, the only one who can tell you the truth of all things is God. 

When our investigator went down in the water she looked determined, like she had worked so hard to get to this point. And when she came up out of the water I have never seen so much rejoicing in someone's eyes and heart. She threw her arms up in pure joy, and I'm sure she held back a few "Hallelujah's and Praise the Lords!" It was like a relief moment of "YES, I AM CLEAN. I AM CLEAN!" (Ironic, huh?) And then she rested her hands on top of her head, like you do at the end of a marathon, with a smile. Oh, how I hope never to forget that sight. 

Sister Clyde and I sang, "How great thou art" and were praying for the help of angels, because we aren't the best singers, but we did it, and she loved it. Her face said it all. Oh, I love that woman! What a great day. She didn't even care that the water was green and that the refreshments were Cheetos. It was a great thing for me to see, and to learn from. We sometimes let putting on a show mentality take away from the ordinance, which is the most important part. 

Well, then of course, came Sunday. Yep, Sunday, my 20th birthday. It was very surreal. Like, this isn't my birthday, but it is.  For the first time, I think, I prayed and thanked God for the past 20 years and all that He has blessed me with. Gosh, the Lord is so merciful and has been so patient with me. I've had so many great birthdays, and have had so much help along the way from wonderful family and friends.Thanks for all your support. 

The ward was so nice to me. They sang to me in Relief Society. It'S about 15 people big, and all are over the age or 55, but they sang to me. I wanted to cry, it was so touching that they knew and brought chocolates. A few ladies came up and hugged me, saying, "This is from your Mom." I thought you would like that Mom. I am sure falling in love with these people fast. I sure hope I can stay here longer than six weeks. 

Right after church we headed down to Madison, three hours away, to a special mission meeting. Everyone had to come, but no one knew why. Everyone thought the prophet was coming or something. We drove down to the meeting with Sister Hargadon and Hulme and my district leader. They were so sweet and sang to me in the car. It was so great when we got there because I got to see ALL of my companions. They wished me happy birthday and we got to talk. 

Sister Rokovitz




Sister Gates and I share a birthday! 


And now for the moment you have all been waiting for. The special guest speaker was DAVID ARCHULETA!!!!! I was dying. All the missionaries were dying. It was so cool. He is literally such a great person, inside and out. He sang us three songs, and answered any questions we had for him. He was super open about his personal life, and his mission. He served in Chile and was bore his testimony in Spanish. Oh, the Spirit was so strong, I thought of Zach the whole time, and everything he said, was like an answer to my prayer. He loved his mission, and had great advice to help me gain some perspective back. 

Gosh, and we got back to the Sisters Apartment at 11 p.m. and so we spent the night there because we still lived another hour away. So, my birthday was very blessed. I got to spend it with a great ward, a great companion, David Archuleta, AND have a sleepover. That never happens. So fun! 

I am so grateful for the amazing people and experiences I have had these past 20 years. Gosh, it's meant the world. I'm so grateful to have a testimony of this gospel, that gives me hope to continually change, and continually find strength in the atonement. Ah, what a wild adventure huh? 

I love you ALL!!!! 

I LOVE TENNESSEE!!! 

Love, 

Sister Frampton

1 comment:

  1. David Archuleta??? No way that is so cool. You did have a great birthday and your investigator girl who got baptized sounds so awesome. That's so funny about the green water. Happy Birthday big 20 year old!! Jim and Nan are 16 and they had a big party with all their buds. Sounds like you had a great birthday as well.

    ReplyDelete