Monday, September 22, 2014

We are all a team!

Hello Everyone!!

The weeks are pounding by fast. Golly, by the end of the week, I can't even remember what happened at the beginning. Ha ha. It has been a week full of miracles though. Seriously, I should be way more grateful and enthused than I am sometimes. Why is it such a human thing that we are never grateful for the things we have until we lose them? 

So, first miracle of the week. Monday night, we went over to a member's house, and they invited a neighbor over for dinner. He has joined and left a lot of churches before because he always sees them straying from what the Bible teaches. When we were talking about the Restoration, the Spirit was so strong, and he totally got it. And loved it. By the end, he was asking us, "So, how do I become a Mormon? Do they throw me a party or something?" 

I will never forget what he said when we were walking out, He said, "It's so weird. I have had all of these questions deep inside for so long, and you girls just come along and start answering them."Ah, the gospel is SOOOOO true. 

We got to teach him again on Friday with his girlfriend. The Spirit was really strong, and I could just feel they were prepared. The girlfriend still loves her church, but she kept saying, "I am so interested to learn because all of the members of your church are such Christ-loving people." That is a huge compliment to our church and I hope that is something most people would say. Members make a HUGE difference. They came to church this Sunday, for the primary program and loved it.

On Tuesday, we got fed a double dinner. One from a member, and one from our investigators. I was going to die. So full of goodness. Apple Cider pancakes of wonder, and then enchiladas and homemade guacamole. And to end of the night, they gave us a huge piece of cake.



The lesson with our investigators went great though. We were able to simply explain and answer some questions about Jesus Christ and his atonement. I read the coolest scripture in Romans 5: 16-17 this week about the atonement that taught me so much. It talks about by one man's choice--Adam--all were made mortal or spiritually dead, but through another man--Christ--all were made alive. And that Christ's gift was free. 

I think it is easy to think that we have to be at a certain level of righteousness to use the atonement of Jesus Christ, or to be worthy of his grace. But the gift is free, and wherever we might be, whether we think ourselves to be the vilest of sinners, we can still USE THE ATONEMENT!!! That is what it is for. You don't need to be a certain amount of anything to earn it or pay for it. Maybe it is just me who didn't fully understand this, but it's the only thing that is truly free in this life. Let us all USE IT! 

Come unto Christ, He will truly will help bear you up in all of your afflictions and sorrows.

That is what I have been really learning these past couple of weeks. I haven't felt very good, and biking is like torture to me, but I am choosing now to rely on Christ and his strength. It's been humbling for sure. You should see me huffing and puffing, even after I use my inhaler. I am always way behind my companion just praying to make it up a hill. But no matter how slow, or how bad, or whatever, I will have enough strength to make it up the hill because Christ will help me. I might still be sweaty, and people still laugh at me when I go by, but I did it with some divine help, that's for sure, and that's all that matters. Who knew biking would be my biggest trial huh? Ha ha, that's what I call a first world problem.


I have been really eating up the scriptures and the Spirit lately. I love learning and relating things to the Bible and the Book of Mormon. I am determined to make sense of it all.
I have also really been pondering what Zach said to me in his email this past week. He said, " We can do this!!! We will help each other through all the hard and good times!! We're a team!! Team Frampton!! " It touched my heart so deeply to know that I have a teammate out in the mission field. Team Frampton. I mean think about it. That's pretty special. Our whole family is a team. Our whole ward is a team. Our whole church is a team. We are working towards one goal together, and that is to bring others unto Christ. We get so caught up in divisions, and things that make us different or disagree. But who cares!!! WE ARE A TEAM. Hello, we are all God's children. We are all here for the same purpose: to be tested and be able to make it back to see our Heavenly Father again. Why on earth, would you ever want to deny someone that chance by negativity, by separation, by rudeness?
Let's all work as a team this week. Let's lift one another up. Let's compliment. Let's smile. Let's rejoice in our Lord, and our God. We have the truth. Let's give this life all that we have for God. 

I was studying Jacob 5 this morning, and it's the super long chapter about the olive tree. I finally got it. And the last time he nourishes His vineyard he calls servants to help him prune it, dig it and dung it. And the Lord of the Vineyard says, " . . . Go to, and labor in the vineyard, with your MIGHT. For behold, this is the last time that I shall nourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your MIGHT with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come."
Let us all labor together in the Lord's vineyard and share love, peace, joy, whatever we have with those around us. Gosh, this world surely needs it. We are a TEAM. The best team in the world. We are not against anyone, and everyone can join. I am so grateful that the Lord has his hand in this work, and He will do everything in His power to help us, all we have to do is ask.
I will stop babbling on now, needless to say, I had a good week:) 

Love, 

Sister Frampton

1 comment:

  1. To Team!! Tatum, you are so awesome and I'm so glad you are a cool missionary girl.

    It's really fun having our Joshie home. He's such a crackup, but a little nicer. He just got his USTA scholarship again for Fall, so yours will be there when you get back!

    Keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete