Monday, March 10, 2014

Oh My Heavens!

My iPad is wackkkkk!!! It wouldn't send any emails. I tried so many
times. I actually sent a hand written letter too because I had had
enough! I finally had to turn off everything and
restart my iPad and it works now . . . I think!

Man, what a day!,

UGH! I typed out my whole email to you guys again and it got deleted!!!
I'm so mad. I don't understand why it keeps doing those and only with
my most important email. What a long week though. My email was
positive and inspiring, but I don't have time anymore so, here is the
short list.  I'm staying in Thompson station for another 6 weeks at least. Ah, it will be a
challenge for me. And I am training with sister gates. So I will still
be in a trio. All three of us, I really want to help my trainee.
Especially knowing how hard it was for me and what I felt. But it's
gonna be crazy hard. This area is rough. Rich, suburbia, with busy
people that are attached to their church. We still have no one to
teach. I think I just really miss Mt. Juliet so much and after having
to leave. It hurts my heart.

But I got to see Jamie and Mikey go to the temple and do baptisms. It
was awesome. Very spiritual experience. We live pretty close to the
temple actually. I'm in the richest area of Tennessee. For district
meeting we meet at the stake center next to the temple. But those boys
are amazing and the spirit was so strong. I couldn't stop smiling.



And the best part of the week was watching Mary get baptized. She did
it! And I got to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. It was very special
to me. She gave me a big thumbs up right before she went under the
water at her baptism. I wanna be like her some day, I wish that you
could hear her testimony. Man, I wrote so much detail about the event.
Bummmmmmmmer, I'm so furious at myself.




Here's my outlined talk:
And the excitement is not over yet...you still get to recieve the gift
of the Holy Ghost.

In 3 Nephi 27:20-21

20 Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and
come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by
the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me
at the last day.

21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the
things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen
me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even
that shall ye do;

I know you have felt the Holy Ghost in your life. All of your happy
moments in your garden of Eden, all of the truth you find in your
study of the scriptures, all of the times you teach the missionaries.
Now, when you recieve the gift of hither Holy Ghost tomorrow, you are
promised to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost as long
as you live worthily.

The gift of the Holy Ghost is given unto you by e laying on of hands.
It's one of the most precious gifts our Heavenly Father gives us. It
sanctifies us, or in other words makes us holy and enables us to
always have the comforter with us. Through the power of the Holy Ghost
we can feel gods love for us. The spirit teaches us, cleanse us,
comforts us, testifies of truth, warns us, and directs us. This gift
is a promise of eternal life. What an amazing blessing we have. And
that you have made the decision to recieve it.

Tell the story of when she first asked me to give a talk. Gave
comforting flying pig. " you did not leave me comfort less. Nope you
gave me your flying pig. Because you wanted me to know that it was
possible and I didn't have to do it alone.

What you did for me is exactly what Heavenly father does for us when
he gives us the gift of the Holy Ghost. When we decided to come down
to Earth, we knew it would be hard. Extremly hard. But he did not want
to leave us comfort less. So he gave us the Holy Ghost to be our
constant friend to remind us that we are never alone. Now, you too
will never be left comfort less.

Just as it says in John 14:26-27

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will
send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things
to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world
giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let
it be afraid.

(John 14:26-27)


Closing remarks and testimony!

I wanted to thank you for praying and fasting for Mary. I knew
she felt the difference and I told her what you guys did. It was so
amazing to see your faith in helping her, We never gave up on her and
now look where she is.  

Well I love ya. Pray for me and my new trainee to be okay. I miss ya. I'll have a good one next week. I hope.oh and I sent a little package home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment