Monday, January 27, 2014

The Fear Factor




Oh man, what a week. It is amazing how many feelings you can have in such a short period of time. For the most part this week has been a trial for me. There is so much I need to improve on, and so many things I don't understand or know how teach. And there are so many times that I get scared. Plus, I am not preaching the gospel by myself... My companion is SO outgoing and cheery and is comfortable teaching the whole entire lesson. She is so powerful and strong. But somehow I need to figure out how to add too. I get defeated when I have to fight to get a word in. And sometimes I just hang back, and let the lesson pass me by. Ah, that is what I struggled with this week. 

It's scaring me to death. To lose myself.  I talked with my companion today too, and since I don't talk enough, I get to lead the lesson tonight. Ha ha. Leading my first lesson. Let's see how that goes. Pray for me!!

Thanks for all the prayers that you guys have been sending out to my investigators and me as well. That is so kind and humbling. I know they can feel it. Mary is still struggling with giving up cigarettes, but I have hope she can do it.

Okay, I will end with a MIRACLE!! Literally, best thing ever! Micheal and Sherry are two people we have been teaching. Young married couple, one less active and one investigator. Teaching them I have felt the Spirit the strongest and seen a different light in their eyes as they have began to study the scriptures, pray and sincerely look for truth. And yesterday, at church I was talking to Michael about  the Word of Wisdom and he told me that he made the decision to be baptized!!!! MICHEAL WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED!! What the what?? I was so overjoyed and in shock, I tried to act casual, but I think I was dazed and looked odd. Oh well, what a miracle. The Lord truly prepares people to hear his message, and when people will honestly look, this gospel is where they will find happiness. 

I didn't even have to drag baptism out of him, he wanted to on his own accord. February 22 is his date. Keep him in your prayers that he will be able to withstand the opposition that comes his way.

I love you all. I am so blessed that people even want to listen to what I have to say. This is where you will find true happiness. And I promise that when you come unto your Savior, Jesus Christ, that a real joy will take over your soul. 

Well, until next week. 

Stay good! 


No comments:

Post a Comment