Monday, November 25, 2013

Do as the Romans Do

To celebrate my last Sunday in Europe, I took a nice long stroll around the hills in Florence. It was beautiful and so peaceful. The people I am traveling with aren't big talkers, so I just lagged behind, put in my Ipod and zoned out. Looking out over Florence is just amazing. I kept trying to come up with something profound and awesome for my farewell talk. To find the perfect words to summarize all that I have learned. It is so hard to put into words. Or even come up with a solid answer that anyone will understand. I was really content though, to look out and see.

I keep having these internal battles with pictures lately. Sometimes when you are so busy taking pictures you miss out on actually seeing what is right in front of your face. I am sick of taking pictures, but then I am afraid that I will forget what I see. It is funny too, because the people you travel with always have different ways to document an experience. Some journal lots, some just look, and some take millions of selfie's that you want to just grab their camera and toss it out the window. ( I am traveling with the latter of this sort...shhhhh....)




So, I apologize for lots of selfie's but that's the only way they document experiences. And I guess, if I can't be in a picture with them, I got to be in some of them. And so, I apologize in advance for all of the selfie's. But just remember, I am with people who took a MILLION more than me today.



Okay, I won't apologize for this one. I really like this one...haha


Firenze Marathon




So, there was this Marathon going around all of Florence on Sunday. It was awesome to see the whole city involved and parts tapped off. Oh my, I got really into the idea. And as we headed to Santa Croce to visit the tombs of Michelangelo, Dante and Gallileo, we found the finish line of the race. I went over to watch, and these are the people that came out. The crowd went wild. It was such a success of the human soul, I almost started crying. These people inspired me, and I wanted to run a marathon. First time in my life, I have ever had that desire. It was amazing though. Way cool experience. 

Sorry, I must be tired. Lots of traveling lately. How about some Rome?

The Colosseum:








Worked hard for this group photo. 





Palatine Hill and Roman Forum:


What are these trees? They are the coolest things on the planet. 




And more Gelato:

1st-strawberry, dark chocolate, and bannana


2nd-pastachio, tiramasu, and cassata (by the Trevi Fountain)


Well, that's my first day in Rome. With too many pictures, and too many selfies. Do as the Romans do!

No comments:

Post a Comment