Friday, September 27, 2013

One Month Down

Well, I made it a month in PARIS!!

Also, I made it through 80 hours of French class.


In this chair...80 hours in this chair!

But most importantly I made mistakes, I made friends, and I made AWESOME POSSUM MEMORIES!

To finish off my last day of class, we watched a black and white film from the 1950's. Ask me how much I understood. I dare ya!

I understood that there were three old men drinking lots and sleeping in barns often. Oh, and I understood the grunts for sure. Grunting is a universal language. Yep, that's what I call progress.

And then, we pulled out some jelly crepes, cookies, and juice. We all just went around and talked about our lives after this experience.

These are some pics:





 

And ofcourse, my self-timer class photos!





And over the month, we had lots of students come and go. But we are the ones that stuck around. 

These are my two friends, Anges and Marcia. 


Anges is the one of the left. She is from Korea and on a mission here for the Catholic church. She will be living here for 5 more years I believe. She was always so sweet and tried her best! 

Marcia is the one of the right. She is going to the Congo for 6 years on a mission for the Catholic church as well. She is from Chili, and wants to help kids in poverty. 

Both of these women are very admirable. Seriously, they gave up their whole lives for a purpose they completely believe in.

And for the Finale...

MY Professor, Bahia



She is such a sweet lady with loads of energy. She teaches kids every day from 9 to 8 at night. I don't know how she has the patience. Right before this picture was taken, she called me, "Hawaii."

Great ending to this story!

At least I tried to learn the language, and at the end of the day...I'm happy with that!


The BYU crew in my class!



1 comment:

  1. Awww, that was so nice to see the classroom you've been sitting in for the past 4 weeks, and the teacher. who has been shaping your mind. What a great teacher. And almost 10 hours a day. WOW! I stand all amazed.

    You look so darling! We miss you. Can't believe it's been a month. (Well 5 weeks, but who's counting?)

    ReplyDelete