Friday, September 20, 2013

Hum Hum

Get this...

On my normal metro ride this morning, everyone in the world decided to take the same route as me. We always have to switch at Saint Lazare to another metro train. It takes literally 8 minutes or so just to walk to the next train, with strangers wizzing past me left and right.

Then, when we arrived at the landing, it was like a HOARD of people. Literally, a MOB of citizens. I was shocked, and boy was I exaggerating before when I talked about how packed the metro was. Everyone just pushed and shoved and squeezed and sucked in to fit. We had to wait for 4 trains to come through, before we were able to make it on one. I have never felt so much force behind me, sailing me into the metro car. I was stuck. Unable to move a muscle. Guys, I don't mean to sound morbid, but this would be my H-E-....C-K!!!!

I am sorry, I talk about the metro all the time, but it is always just a crazy experience.

Anyways, in French class, we got to listen and sing along with French music. It was so fun and inspired me. I just wanted to sway back and forth with the fancy accordion. I tried to get the words down, and that was a fail. But, lo and behold, I did master the part that slowed down and said, "Hum Hum."

Sometimes, you might not be able to do everything you want to. Or say everything you want to. Or do most things right. So, its important to remember what you can do, even when it is as small as singing, "Hum Hum."

The song is called "Sous le ciel de Paris" by Ives Montand. Feel free to listen to get yourself in the mood.

Then, with some buddies, we walked around and found a cute little creperie to eat lunch. It was so tiny, and each of us had to pretend we were smaller to not feel like giants stomping through the place. I got a Ratatouille Crepe and a Sugar and Cinnamon Crepe for dessert. Yummy in my growing tummy! The waiter was hilarious, and my friend Linda sung him a song. It was so cool, the whole street stopped and clapped when she was finished.


That was a "Hum Hum" moment...literally!

And we finished the day off, watching the Eiffel Tower sparkle. It's been tradition after each mission call opening. There are 5 of us that are all going on missions after this! Watching the tower illuminate and glitter and shine....its so mystical. Doesn't get much better than that.

You know what...all I really have to say is "HUM HUM"


1 comment:

  1. Awww, so awesome. I love all of your little life lessons. A Ratatouille Crepe, and a mystical Eiffel tower, sparkling like a vampire--glittering and shining and illuminating your journey as you hum hum along. So profound. :) I am all alone tonight and missing you especially much.

    ReplyDelete