Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Night in Paris

By the end of the day, I swear I can barely remember what I did...

The daily morning metro ride is my least favorite part of the day. It's long, stuffy, crowded and TRES TRES CHAUD! (very hot). It takes 35 minutes or so, and I am usually gasping for clean air as I climb the stairs leaving the station. And today, I was greeted with my first ever Paris rain! Not going to lie, I just wanted to look up at the sky and spin in circles.

My camera doesn't pick up the rain really well, but I swear it was there! 
(This is also where I have school every day.)

After learning some pretty great French things, a group of us decided to walk around. Somehow we ended up at St. Germain Chapelle. I couldn't tell you how...I just followed the line. 

We don't look like tourists right...hahahha


This is what I get for growing up with three boys. All the girls were really pumped about this store. I thought it was Louis Vutton or whatever. Turns out its a different store. Tomboy moment. 


St. Germain

This Chapelle is really colorful actually which surprised me. Inside the walls are different shades of purple, maroon, and blues. Also, there are huge paintings on the wall. As soon as you walk in, it is silent. It blocks all the busy street traffic noises. 

I decided that I am just as illiterate as the people who lived during the day the church was built. And by that I mean, I can read/understand French just as good or worse as they could. They used to put all the ornamentation and pictures in church buildings to help those who couldn't read to understand the Bible stories and the gospel. So, as I stared blankly at the paintings or the different statues I thought, "What is this teaching me?" or "What are the people who made this getting at?" 

It is just crazy how much I DON'T KNOW! I am so curious and just want to understand everything I can. Its a process that's for sure. 

Okay, continuing on....We went past the Louvre for the first time. Here are some pics:


This picture makes me laugh. I look like a little girl skipping down the road ha!






And we didn't even have time to go in it....but it was still so cool to just experience the outside. 

Then...we traveled around Palais Royal. 

I had a video of me running around this park, but it won't let me download it. So just imagine me, finally letting the kid in me out. Felt good for once. 




I betcha no one thought I was 25 at this park! Success!

 So its Friday right?

What do you do in Paris on a Friday night?

Hmmm...

Guess what we did??

Ate a baguette and cheese while...


watching the lights of the Eiffel Tower turn on!!


Here it goes...

(that girl in the corner is my friend Linda ha)


Breathtaking!




We got excited!



Well, a little too excited. I slipped but made it an even better picture!





So, if you ever hang out on the grass here, millions of men (pretty much) come up to you trying to sell you wine, beer or whatever alcohol floats your boat. You just say, "No, merci!" over and over again. 

While all of us were chilling, I saw some of our other classmates walking down the street, so I yell, "Bonjour" to get there attention. Except it didn't just get there attention...it got what felt like a circle of venders from all over the yard walking over to us. All asking if we wanted some alcohol. It was like a swarm of flies coming for fresh blood. It was hilarious. We all had to just keep shaking our head, yelling "NO!" They looked so confused. A moment to remember. 

Next time I yell out something, I will make sure there are no beer venders close by. 

Anyways, it was a night to remember. It was a typical girls night, full of first kiss stories and awkward moments. Just some new scenery, that is pretty cool, but hey, that is just my opinion! 

Come visit me, and you will see for yourself!






2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha

    1. You got your first kiss just in time.
    2. Do they not have a legal drinking age in France? Apparently those beer vendors must have thought you were 25. ha ha
    3. YaY for letting loose at the Eiffel Tower.
    4. The Eiffel Tower is yellow! So loverly.
    5. You look beautiful dancing in the rain.
    6. And skipping at the Louvre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tatum this is Emma I am glad you are having a great time in Paris. I miss you like crazy and you are hilarious with the things you post i read the email you wrote my mom and it was so nice i sure love you keep posting!!!! My mom wants you to know how much she loves you and loves reading your blog. you have your mothers wit and talent for writing!!!! Take care and keep writing.

    ReplyDelete