Saturday, September 7, 2013

AWE-STRUCK

Living in Paris implies that life can't get much better right?

I mean I was a believer of that statement, until my experience today that taught me...

LIFE CAN GET EVEN BETTER!

So, as a group, we all  met up at 9:30 am at my Professor's apartment to start our day trip. We loaded onto the bus, and honestly I have been so busy, I didn't even know where we were headed. I expected it to be cool, but not compared to all the sights we have been around. 

FALSE. SO CRAZY FALSE. 

We drove for an hour or so, and pulled into a town called Giverny. And the famous Claude Monet lived there. And he lived in the PRETTIEST place I have EVER seen in all my life. WHAT THE HECK!! 








I was overcome with something. I can't explain it. I wanted to lay on the ground, look at the bright blue sky and just cry. Just cry in abounding gratitude and happiness. It was almost like the flowers gave me a high. It was weird to be so overcome, that I wanted to cry. 

But seriously, look at this:





Seriously, Monet was the perfect artist to portray this magical scene, or attempt it anyways.
His house was full of Asian Art and each room had a monochromatic theme. The dining room was all yellow, and the kitchen was all blue. It was so cool, just so vintage and old. My two favorite things. There was also a room with tons of his paintings displayed, lots I had never heard of before. I love impressionism. Makes my heart sing!





I felt full. I felt complete. I felt surrounded. 


I'm sorry for the millions of pictures.


I hope heaven is like this place. This was my heaven. Oh my oh my. 

Then, we got to the famous pond full of Lily Pads. Here are some adjectives that are an attempt to describe my emotions: AWE-STRUCK, BLOWN-AWAY, SPEECHLESS, CONTENT, HAPPY, INSPIRED.





Have you ever heard people tell stories of how they felt the Universe was speaking to them? Well,I feel as if the Universe was Yelling at me. Screaming my name. Totally aware of who I was, and the journey I am embarking on. Most surreal experience I have ever had.


The pictures don't even compare to the real thing. 

This is just Part 1 of an amazing day. More will come tommorrow.

P.S Happy Birthday to the best twin brothers a girl could ask for. Love you both so much! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you:)

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you had the experience where you felt like the "Universe" was so aware of YOU! Best feeling ever. And how cool it would happen at Monet's house. I am so excited about it. I have loved his art forever, and now I can live vicariously through you to see his environment. No wonder his art was so beautiful. This was such a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete