Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The First of Many

Alright, this is the start of a new journey. THE BEST JOURNEY.  I leave for Paris on August 30th and get to spend 90 days there with the Brigham Young University Study Abroad Program.

I get to live with a real-life Parisian women! Her name is Elisabeth, and I know that she is going to be pretty dang awesome. By the end of the program, we are going to best friends!

In my head our relationship is like this:


Except, add some BYU standard modest clothing....

and maybe the Eiffel Tower in the background...

or in front of her fishermans cottage she wants to take us to in Normandy!

And when I say us, I mean my roommate named Alyssa. I haven't met her in real life yet, but from texting she seems awesome. So, I take back the last picture. We need to add three ladies...

 
 
 
And then just add some sleeves, and we are all set to party in Paris.
 
 
Do you guys want to see a picture of Alyssa? She is gorgeous and you guys need to get familiar with her face, because we are going to be together lots and lots.
 

 
 
BOOM! Here she is!
 
During the semester, I am taking 13 credits, but this time I am not complaining.
 
I am taking:
  • French 102 (I might need some prayers coming my way to survive)
  • French History
  • Religion in a World Setting
  • Fine Arts
  • Paris Walks
My Fine Arts class will be taught in the musuem where the art ACTUALLY LIVES!
 
And the Paris Walks class consists of walking around the streets of Paris. So all in all, it will be a semester to remember.

 
I am honestly so excited to go on this journey. I know that it will be hard and challenging in some ways. I also know that I will have some of the best experiences of my life. I just want to learn as much as possible. My goal is to act like a sponge and take it all in. I'm looking forward to keeping up this blog, and telling all my funny, crazy, embarressing stories!
 
I will end this with my "I'M GOING TO PARIS FACE!!":

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment