Friday, August 9, 2013

My New Home

Alright, so for months I have been waiting to hear who I get to live with in Paris and where. In my last post, I talked about how excited I was to live with my host mom, Elisabeth.

And her address is:

18, rue Albert Roussel – 75017 Paris

So, I guess now this is my future address.

The director of the program told us beforehand that it wasn't guarenteed that we actually get to live in the city. It made my whole day, that in fact, I get to live in PARIS!

Here is what google maps had to say about it:


I mean how bad can it be, if "Rue Victor Hugo" is nearby. He is almost calling me to have my own Les Miserables adventure.

Plus, from looking at the street view, I have already made my first friend.

I used to think Google Maps was creepy, but now I appreciate it because it has enabled me spy on my future home.
 
It is in the 17th arrondissement in Paris, which is mainly a residential area. But it is only a 15-20 minute metro ride to most attractions in the city. I don't know about you, but I can't complain.
 
A popular park nearby is called Monceau Park.
 
Here is how you get in:
 
 
and this is what you get to see:
 



 
I am really excited about the area I am living in. I can't wait to explore this park, and to take pictures infront of the apartment building to show you. And instead of a stranger, you will see my familiar face.
 
Real pictures of people I actually know and things I have actually seen with my OWN two eyes....COMING REAL SOON
 
20 DAYS!!!
 
C'est parfait!!
 
 



1 comment:

  1. YAY! I can't wait to come along (via this blog) and see all those things with your own eyes.

    ReplyDelete